2 Días, 2 Noches; 1 Persona
The Heritage Route “In the Footsteps of Pablo Neruda” invites you to relive the poet’s life in different parts of the city which inspired his work and his legacy. Feel the emotions and enjoy the poetry surrounded by the beautiful landscapes of Temuco, Gateway to southern Chile, and the customs of its people… Come and visit us!
In this package you can experience the socio-cultural context of the city of Temuco in which the poet grew up, in streets that have hardly changed, together with the vegetation and other natural elements typical of southern Chile.
- Tour 1: Neruda’s childhood in the “Wild West” of La Frontera
- Visit to point 1: Engine sheds and workshop
- Visit to point 2: Feria Pinto (produce market)
- Visit to point 3: Railway station
- Visit to point 4: Neruda’s house
- Visit to point 5: Model Market or Municipal Market
Tour 2: An encounter with the poetic nature of the south of Chile
- Visit to point 1: Commemorative plaque
- Visit to point 2: La Patagua and the Che Mamüll
- Visit to point 3: Cerro Ñielol lookout point
- Visit to point 4: Birdlife and forest lookout point
- Visit to point 5: Agricultural School Literary Atheneum
- Visit to point 6: Temuco cemetery
All tours start at a fixed time in the morning.
Application for free mobile devices to complement the tour experience.
The Package includes
- Shuttle Service (Airport to hotel)
- *Stays in hotels with en suite bathrooms
- Lunch in restaurants designated for each tour
- Minibus transport for long tours: Cerro Ñielol, Railway Museum
- Bilingual guides (English-Spanish)
- * Buffet breakfast as served by each hotel.
The package does NOT include
- Premium wines and spirits
- Telephone calls
- Meals not programmed by the Route
- Additional Services
- Travel insurance
- Extra charges
- An extra charge will be made for additional guests in hotel rooms.
“In the Footsteps of Pablo Neruda” accepts no responsibility and will provide no reimbursement for bad weather, interrupted roads, social or political demonstrations and associated problems beyond the control of the package providers, which prevent arrival or access to the city or the completion of the Heritage Route.
We suggest that tourists protect themselves against such eventualities by taking out travel insurance. The hotel or tour operator will provide guests with the necessary documentation to enable them to claim on the insurance in their country of origin.